Our opening-of-school programs are geared toward helping everyone get acclimated to Milton. During the opening of school, all students—new and returning—will engage with each other, faculty, and staff. Each person at our School is a part of our community and contributes to the Milton environment in big and small ways. Dates for the start of programming are as follows:
- September 1–3: The Transition Program for students of color and international students runs from September 1–3. New boarding students participating in this program will move into their assigned dorm on Wednesday, September 1.
- September 4–6: The New Student Orientation program required for all new students runs from September 4–6. All new boarding students not participating in the Transition program will move into their assigned dorm on Saturday, September 4.
- September 5: Returning boarding students begin moving in at noon on Sunday, September 5.
- September 7: Rosh Hashanah; there is no required programming for students.
- September 8–10: All-school programming for new and returning students.
- September 13: Classes begin on Monday, September 13.
For a detailed list of events happening on campus before classes begin, visit the Opening of School calendar.