We want to make sure that our Upper School parents are aware of all the new ways they can connect with other Milton parents and guardians about issues that matter to them!
- USPA Boarding Committee. USPA recently set up a Boarding Committee to offer a forum to discuss issues specific to boarding students. If you are interested in participating, please contact Diana Rodriguez at email@example.com.
- Parent/Guardian Affinity Groups. The school recently set up affinity spaces for different groups of parents, guardians, and alumni across a wide range of identities. Affinity groups are open to alumni and current parents or guardians who can speak in the space using “I” statements. Each space is facilitated by trained alumni or parent volunteers who partner with school leadership to create and maintain spaces that are affirming for identity development and supportive of cross-cultural interactions. Currently offered groups for parents/guardians include the following 9 affinities: APIDA; Black; Caribbean; Christian; Jewish; LatinX; LGBTQIA+; Students of Color; and White-Identifying. To join an affinity space, please visit https://bit.ly/JoinAMiltonAffinitySpace. Questions? Contact Senior Engagement Officer Lindsay Villone at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- USPA DEIJ Committee. The Upper School DEIJ Team and USPA Board are launching a USPA DEIJ committee to support the work of the Milton Academy Strategic Plan. The USPA DEIJ Committee welcomes any Upper School parent or guardian interested in supporting DEIJ. USPA is currently looking for parent/guardian representatives of Classes I, II, and IV. If you are interested in participating, please contact USPA President Teena Kamal at Teena.email@example.com.
- Other ways to connect. If you have suggestions for other ways to keep Milton Upper School parents connected, or if you want to be more involved in other ways, please contact USPA President Teena Kamal at Teena.firstname.lastname@example.org.
To keep you up to date, the USPA hosts presentations frequently. Meetings are held at 7 p.m. Boston time by Zoom as follows (more details to follow):
- Tuesday, December 13: Monthly update from Dean of College Counseling Rod Skinner
- Tuesday, January 10: Head of School Todd Bland and Upper School Dr. Monica Benton Palmer.
- Thursday, January 24: Monthly update from Dean of College Counseling Rod Skinner
Faculty, parent, and student events sponsored by the USPA are made possible by your generous contributions of time, funding, and gifts, as we are a self-sustaining organization led by volunteer parents and supported primarily by parent dues and donations. Thank you!
Enjoy the upcoming winter break, stay safe and well, and we look forward to seeing you at our December and January meetings!